What information do we collect?
When you browse and request information from our website or book with us via the phone, we collect certain personal information from you. These details include for (for all party members where applicable), name, sex, school and /or home address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, age, travel details and requirements, and job title. We also may collect special requirements such as those relating to any disability or medical condition which may affect the chosen arrangements and any dietary restrictions which may disclose the religious beliefs of you or your group members. We assume that you have any necessary permission from your group members to pass on their personal details.
In addition, we may also collect other information including where you came from to visit our website, your browser type, the country and area where your computer is located, what pages you viewed during your visit, which products/services you viewed and/or booked, any searches you made on the website etc.
Except where expressly permitted by the Data Protection Act, we will only deal with the personal details you give us as set out above unless you agree otherwise. We have appropriate security measures in place to protect this information.
How we use this data
Forensic Outreach Limited may use your personal data to:
- Process payment details, including providing details to third party security or credit reference agencies to perform identification and fraudulent checks
- Provide information to the relevant suppliers of your tour arrangements such as airlines, hotels, transport companies and other suppliers etc
- Maintain your customer account information
- Contact you about offers/products/services of interest (See Email Newsletters section below)
- Customer research or satisfaction purposes
- Provide information to public authorities such as customs/immigration if required by them, or as requested by law
- Where necessary, such companies may be outside the European Economic Area (EEA). We take your privacy seriously and other than as set out above, do not pass on, sell or rent your personal information to third parties.
As required by the UK Data Protection Acts of 1984 and 1998 and Privacy and Electronic Communications (EU Directive) Regulations 2003, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access.
If you have subscribed to our email newsletter, requested a brochure, quote or information or have made a booking through us without opting out, you may receive promotional newsletters and information via email and post from Forensic Outreach Limited. If you would prefer not to receive such information, you can opt out by clicking the unsubscribe link on the bottom of any email newsletter or alternatively, please contact us for us to arrange this for you. Please note: if you do unsubscribe from promotional email newsletters, you may still receive essential email communications specifically relating to your account or any booking you have with us.
You are entitled to a copy of your information held by us. We may make a small charge for providing this to you. Under the 1998 Data Protection Act your data controller is Forensic Outreach Limited.
Changes to this policy